The application which am testing has the login screen. And it do comprise a option to configure my password settings. Here are the directions for the configuration.
1. Minimum length for Password: None,4,5,6,7 characters.
2. Maximum length for Password: 6 to 20 characters.
3. Password must contain: Characters, Characters/Numbers, Characters/Numbers/Special Characters and Characters/Special Characters
The one scenario where the system crashed is with the following case.
1. Minimum length for Password: None
2. Maximum length for Password: 20
3. Password must contain: Characters.
And my password is : “ssssssssssssssssssss”
Now I attempt to login with the new password, strange! the system is allowing me to login with single “S” .
It should thrown a error message as “Invalid Password”. FAILED to do so.
If I set my password as: “atatatatatatatatatatatat”, it is not allowing me to login with single “at”.
If I give a single character 20 times, I can login with a single character. But if I give a phrase or word for 10 times, am unable to login with single word.
I will furnish the detailed bug report in my next post.
Thanks for your moment and endurance. Please let me know your implications with your valuable comments.