Lemme share my ideas of about Security, Performance and Usability.
Is a process to determine that an information system protects data and maintains functionality as intended.
The six basic security concepts that need to be covered by security testing are: confidentiality, integrity, authentication, authorization, availability and non-repudiation.
In the computer industry, software performance testing is used to determine the speed or effectiveness of a computer, network, software program or device. This process can involve quantitative tests done in a lab, such as measuring the response time or the number of MIPS (millions of instructions per second) at which a system functions. Qualitative attributes such as reliability, scalability and interoperability may also be evaluated. Performance testing is often done in conjunction with stress testing.
Is a technique used to evaluate a product by testing it on users. This can be seen as an irreplaceable usability practice, since it gives direct input on how real users use the system.This is in contrast with usability inspection methods where experts use different methods to evaluate a user interface without involving users.
I was into testing a web product, which deals with the sales as like eBay and amazon.
As per our FRS (Functional Requirement Specifications) and BRS (Business Requirement Specifications), satisfied with the quality of the product from client side and released into the market.
Then the actual bugs came up.
Some points of the FRS:
1. When a user logs in and selects the categories to buy, let us think he wants to buy teddy bears, he has to select that category.
2. Will get different types of the selected category, in the second page.
3. After selecting a teddy bear if he wants to buy it, he has to click on Buy button.
4. This navigates to the third page.
5. Will get a list of options like DD, Credit Card and Debit Card.
6. After selecting, it has to show the available banks in the list.
7. Enter bank id and password to buy the product.
8. Have to get a confirmation mail from the web.
Some, only some steps to check. If these points are not bringing up in FRS or BRS, request client to act in response for these issues.
1. How much time it is taking to navigate from one page to another page in the process to buy a product?
2. If it is taking 10 seconds to navigate from one page to another page, it is okay. But if it takes more than 30 seconds, does it encourage user to visit this page again.
3. How much it is secured to give the bank account details?
Please do let me know more questions we can ask, when you are reading this post.
Put some comments here.