Only just though I was goggling for some testing workouts I came across this site http://testsidestory.wordpress.com by Zeger Van Hese
“You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you’re finished, you’ll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird… So let’s look at the bird and see what it’s doing — that’s what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something.”
From “The pleasure of finding things out” (1981)
From this blog I originate an exercise of ParkCalc http://www.grr.org/ParkCalc.php
Bringing up a few spots based on my testing abilities
1. Without altering/varying anything , calculating the Cost as $ 2.00 per (0 days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes)
2. Accepting the character values for Date and Time, and calculating the Cost.
3. Displaying the negative days with the hours calculating. But not displaying the Cost for calculated hours.
4. When I calculate from 10.00 Am to 10.00 Am next day, it is displaying the Days as 1 day and with the Cost of $26. But when I calculate from 10.00 Am to 12.00 AM next day, it is displaying the Hours as 14 with Cost of $24.
5. No specific entry criteria for the Date field. Accepting the DD, DD/MM, DD/MM/YY and all the formats. But in the specification it is mentioned to enter as MM/DD/YYYY
6. Displaying the Cost as $ 124,128.00 (5171 Days), if I give the leaving time as “123456” but it is displaying the Cost as $ 672.00(27 Days, 23 Hours), if I give the leaving time as “12345678901234567890”
7. If I don’t give the “Leaving Date”, it is displaying inappropriate error message as “Your Exit Date or Time is before your entry date or time”. Hope, it should be like” Please enter the Leaving Date to calculate the Cost” or like that.
* I have ensured a lot of unlike explanations pretty than the over declared. Then I thought how in a different way should I necessitate to believe/perform/be trained and relate my testing proficiencies.
* Am practicing and reading the Domain Testing by Cem Kaner
Hope this helps me to consider/discover in approaching with different scenarios.